Update on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 software upgrade for 2012 Xperia™ smartphones
Today, we’re starting our Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 software upgrade for Xperia P, with the rollout continuing over the next few weeks in markets globally.
Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
All Xperia P users will get a notification when the upgrade is ready, but direct availability in the phone may vary across different markets and carriers.
It’s worth noting that in some cases, the software package may only be accessible via PC Companion or Bridge for Mac, instead of directly in the phone.
For more information visit www.sonymobile.com/update
The ICS upgrade for Xperia U, Xperia sola and Xperia go is next out of the door, and we’ll be back with another update shortly.
As always, feel free to drop a comment or question below.