Today we’re starting our software rollout for Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola including Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 upgrade and new unique media applications. The rollout will continue over the next few weeks in markets globally.
Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
I’m also excited to tell you about “Glove Mode” – a sweet feature in the software upgrade for Xperia sola (known as Xperia sole in some markets). It’s an extension of our “floating touch” technology that makes it possible to use your Xperia sola in the cold whilst wearing gloves… just in time for the winter months. My colleagues at Developer World have taken a closer look – head on over to check it out!
We’re kicking-off the rollout today, and ramping it up over the weekend – from mid next week you’ll be able to see software kits as they’re released (customized specific to your operator and handset) on our support community. Please check-back then for the direct link and continue to do so, as the list will be updated when new kits become available.
It’s worth noting that in order to upgrade, you will need to connect to a PC or Mac – please visit http://www.sonymobile.com/update and follow the instructions.
Thanks for all your questions so far and as always, feel free to drop a comment or question below.
*The availability and scheduling of this software upgrade and specific models upgradeable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and carrier requirements