UPDATE: First scripts for Android 5.0; Lollipop are now rolling from today for Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet & Z3 Tablet Compact
You’ll see the upgrade hit first devices in the Nordics and Baltics, continuing to further markets, for more Xperia Z Series products, starting in around two weeks time* – we’ll share the latest here, as it happens.
After blending Google’s first Lollipop release with our Sony software, some of the goodies include;
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.
*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier