3rd September 2014, IFA, Berlin – Sony Mobile Communications delivers on its commitment to deliver product and experiences that are bigger, better and bolder than ever, with innovations across its Xperia™ smartphone, tablet and SmartWear portfolio.
“Sony is relentless in its pursuit of innovation and we believe that consumers shouldn’t settle for good experiences, but demand great ones. It’s this spirit of customer focused innovation that drives us to deliver great products and experiences, with the widest ever choice and flexibility, without compromise,” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications.
XperiaTM Z3 series – premium smartphones and tablet in a choice of form factors
Xperia Z3 blends design and engineering craftsmanship to deliver beauty that will stand the test of time. Weighing just 152g with an easy-to-use interface and symmetrical design, it feels right at home in your hand. Its 7.3mm super-slim rounded aluminium frame and durable tempered glass panels showcase superior craftsmanship – available in your choice of a new range of colours including white, black, copper or silver green1. A dual SIM variant is also on offer in select markets.
Beautifully rounded liquid reflection frame with tempered glass panels gives Xperia Z3 Compact an elegant, premium finish. It is the only smartphone to deliver uncompromised performance in a beautifully compact design and at just 8.6mm thick and weighing 129 grams, Xperia Z3 Compact is perfectly designed for one-handed use. Enjoy bold style with the unique colour range including orange and green, in addition to the classic white and black.
The world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet2. Impossibly slim, astonishingly light and exquisitely crafted – Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is a design sensation. At just 6.4mm slim and weighing less than 270 grams, the ultra-portable 8” tablet feels weightless in your hand.Created using the highest quality materials, its clean lines and uniquely designed power button capture Sony’s exquisite attention to detail. Stainless steel corners, an ultra slim rounded frame and a tempered glass front give an elegant and durable finish – available in either white or black.
XperiaTM Z3 series – premium experiences across the flagship range
- Designed to use wherever you go with the highest waterproof rating3 (IP 65/68) – whether you’re answering a call in the rain or taking pictures in the pool, you can use these products with confidence.
- Create like never before with new social camera apps and editing features. Capture an event and your reaction to it at the same time with Face in. Add scribbles and animations to pictures with AR fun. Automatically create a movie from your photos and videos with Movie creator. Record from multiple angles with up to three compatible Xperia devices filming at the same time with Multi-camera. Or add sound to a photo with Sound Photo.
- Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact: Capture every moment in stunning detail with the best camera and camcorder in a smartphone4 thanks to the unique combination of the 20.7 megapixel camera with 1/2.3 Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor, BIONZ™ for mobile processing engine and new 25mm wide-angle Sony G Lens. Enjoy the world’s first ISO 12800 sensitivity in a smartphone5 for better detail, even in low light. Sony’s new and improved SteadyShot™ technology with Intelligent Active Mode assures smoother videos and images. Record clips in super-clear 4K resolution now available for the first time in a compact smartphone.
- Listen to music as the artist intended with Sony’s incredible High-Resolution Audio experience when paired with Sony’s latest High-Res Audio headphones. To breathe new life into your existing music collection, Sony’s ground-breaking DSEE HX technology – available now for the first time in our Z3 series – ‘upscales’ the fidelity of your MP3 or AAC music collection to near High-Resolution quality. Sony’s Digital Noise Cancelling technology reduces ambient noise by up to 98% when paired with the MDR-NC31EM Digital Noise Cancelling headset, so you can enjoy your music without distraction.
- Watch movies in perfect clarity on an ultra-bright display enhanced with Sony’s latest TV technologies – TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile with Live Colour LED, X-Reality for mobile and intuitive contrast enhancement ensure an entertainment experience this is both sharp and vivid, even in bright sunlight.
- Play PS4™ games anywhere in your home with the addition of PS4™ Remote Play6 on Xperia Z3 series. Your Xperia Z3 series are the only smartphones and tablet with PS4 Remote Play which means you can use them as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. For those times when the TV is being used, simply connect your Xperia Z3 series device to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller with the GCM10 Game Control Mount to continue playing games anywhere at home on your smartphone or tablet.
- Performance is unmatched thanks to the Qualcomm® Snapdragon 801 Quad-core processor7with 2.5GHz speed for lightning fast browsing and multi-tasking. This is enhanced by exceptional battery performance providing up to two days battery life8 (Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact). Get even more from your battery with Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode, which turns off background functions when you’re not using them to help extend your battery life.
XperiaTM E3: Mid-range smartphone with Sony’s Z series flagship design, fun features and fast performance at an affordable price
Xperia E3 features the flagship Z3 series design, a generous 4.5” display, 5MP camera with HDR and creative camera apps, and fast performance – all at an affordable price. Xperia E3 is designed with resilient corners and a scratch-resistant screen made with durable tempered glass to keep your phone looking smart for longer. It is available in a range of colours to express your individual style – choose from white, black, lime and copper (colours may vary by market). A dual SIM variant is also available in select markets.
Expanded range of accessory ecosystem
Sony has also unveiled a range of compatible accessories to further enhance your experience and now offers over 160 NFC compatible products. The BSP10 Bluetooth® Speaker is a portable Bluetooth® speaker with Qi wireless charging, superior sound and premium Sony design. SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth® Headsetis a uniquely designed wired and wireless Bluetooth® headset, with call handling and media remote control functionality for everyday use.
Lifelog: A personal Android application from Sony that captures and tells your story.
Available either pre-loaded or downloadable from the Google Play Store, Sony’s Lifelog application enables you to set and achieve goals, bookmark memorable moments, and revisit memories any time, so that you get to know yourself better, and make smarter choices to feel your best.
Compatible with Lifelog
SmartBand Talk: A powerful lifelogging wearable, with intuitive features.
SmartBand Talk features a curved 1.4” e-paper display that is highly visible and clear, giving you always-on updates of your Lifelog activities, notifications and to tell the time at a glance. A built-in microphone and speaker, combined with a short call function, lets you talk into it and hear your caller. You can also assign your own sounds to life bookmarks and use your voice to carry out specific smartphone operations (SmartBand Talk Voice Control will be available at launch, initially supporting Japanese, UK and US English, French, German, Italian and Spanish). New built-in accelerometer
and altimeter sensor technology provide an accurate overview of your daily physical activity. The waterproof9 (IP68 rated) design is available in black at launch, with further colours available later in the year.
SmartWatch 3: Sony’s latest generation “smartwatch”,powered by Android Wear.
SmartWatch 3 is Sony’s latest “smartwatch”, but the first specifically designed for the latest Android Wear updates in close collaboration with Google. It organizes your information, suggests what you need, and shows it to you before you even ask. SmartWatch 3 also offers impressive standalone functionality with the built-in Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro and GPS sensor technology providing more accurate, more powerful lifelogging. SmartWatch 3 sports a 1.6” 320×320 transflective display, set within a stainless steel core unit that is both premium and waterproof9 (IP68 rated) available in Classic (black) and Sport (lime) editions, with extra colour straps available in pink and white.
Follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest #SonyIFA news, views and information.
For media information please contact:
Sony Mobile Communications, Global Communications & PR department
General Press: +44 208 762 5858