The 2012 International CES starts today, but yesterday was full of announcements and excitement for us. It is really early in the morning in Vegas, but I wanted to give you an overview of all the news we had yesterday!
The new Xperia™ smartphones announced are:
- Xperia™ ion, first LTE Xperia smartphone from Sony* available exclusively with AT&T in the US. With an amazing (and huge) 4.6 inch high resolution Reality Display screen with Mobile Bravia Engine, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, and 12 MP camera with fast capture, Xperia™ ion is also PlayStation™ Certified. Coming to market during the second quarter.
- Xperia™ S, the first smartphone in the Xperia NXT series – next generation smartphones from Sony*, with Sony HD for stunning viewing experiences. With 4.3 Inch high definition Reality Display screen with Mobile Bravia Engine, 12 MP camera with fast capture and 1.5 MHz dual-core processor for a complete experience, NFC enabled, PlayStation™ Certified and new Iconic identity design. In stores from the first quarter.
- Two new smartphones for the Japanese market:
- Xperia™ acro HD, the follow-up to Xperia™ acro with popular Japan-specific features including infrared port data exchange, mobile wallet and mobile TV.
- Xperia™ NX, a variant of Xperia™ S for the Japanese market.
Sony Ericsson also unveiled a number of Android accessories that enhance the smartphone experience:
- Xperia™ Smart Tags, small NFC enabled tags that are used to launch pre-configured and personalised settings when you swipe an NFC Android smartphone against them.
- Smart Wireless Headset pro, Bluetooth™ stereo headset that also works a standalone MP3 player and radio when detached from the phone.
- SmartWatch, micro Android display to wirelessly access calls, messages and applications.
- SmartDock for Xperia ion, a HDMI dock that turns Xperia™ ion into a mini-PC by connecting it to a USB keyboard, mouse and big screen TV.
Keep checking out the Product blog, and don’t forget to visit the Developer World blog, because the week is just getting started and we will have a lot more information about the new products, the technology behind them, and all what is happening in the 2012 International CES.
*For illustrative purposes only. Not for commercial use or re-sale. Use of “Sony” brand subject to regulatory approval.