We’ve started rolling out the maintenance release for Xperia S, Xperia SL & Xperia acro S*.
After making Android JB 4.1 available for these smartphones, we received feedback on a few issues within the build. We’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be, so we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things…
Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here’s a changelog (of sorts) detailing what’s fixed and included:
For camera, we’ve…
- addressed an abnormality in the white balance
- improved the “Quick Launch” button functionality
- smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
For apps, services & data, we’ve…
- streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
- boosted connection stability for 2G network data
- ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot – not a common problem, but we understand it can be a frustrating one!
For battery, we’ve…
- economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
- corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
And for hardware & UI, we’ve…
- introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
- made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
Let us know how you’re getting on with the update, by dropping a comment below.
*As usual, timing & availability may vary by market & carrier