Your old iOS phone has served you well, but you’re looking to upgrade to a new Xperia smartphone, and assume moving all your content over would be difficult… thankfully, there’s an app for that.
Yes, before you painstakingly copy everything over individually, load up Xperia Transfer Mobile and put your feet up. Whether you’re moving from an old Android or iPhone to a fresh Xperia device, your new phone is pre-loaded with this handy app. But to offer some further assistance, we’re going to give you a few tips from our own experience to help you through.
1. Before you do anything else. Back up your phone. We’re sure you do this regularly, but better to play it safe. We suggest using iCloud as Xperia Transfer will extract your files directly during the transfer process to the new device
2. Give your phone a spring clean, there’s no reason to waste precious time and space on your shiny new handset with pictures you took by mistake of the inside of your pocket
3. Make sure your new phone is fully charged and, ideally, plugged in, you don’t want to have to do this more than once
4. Load up Xperia Transfer Mobile
5. Decide how you want to transfer your files, USB will probably be quickest or transfer directly from iCloud
6. Start the transfer, depending on how much you’re transferring, this will impact the processing time
7. Once complete, double check everything you need has gone across. If you’re missing contacts, trying filling them in with your Google Drive back-up
8. Turn off iMessage on your old handset to make sure you don’t miss any important messages
9. Enjoy your new Xperia smartphone 🙂
Now it’s worth noting that some iOS specific functions won’t transfer – mainly apps – but take a look for the equivalent Android versions on the Google Play Store, which we’re sure will more than make up for it.
If you’re going to factory reset your old handset, triple check you have everything you need off it. That’s just good sense.