- Smartphone with Walkman™ on the latest Android platform (Gingerbread 2.3)
- Unique Facebook™ integration enables instant music and media sharing
- Content services from Sony provide access to the latest music and video titles
London, UK – Sony Ericsson today announced Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™, an Android smartphone that delivers a unique social music experience. A dedicated Walkman™ hardware button provides instant access to the music player and consumers can also like, share and discover content through a deep Facebook™ integration. The infinite button lets the consumer explore even more and the *Qriocity service from Sony provides music and video content for the consumer to enjoy.
With attractive curved design, a glossy finish and a mineral glass display, the phone has a 3.2” screen and a powerful 1Ghz processor. A front facing camera is enabled for Skype video calling, while a 5MP AF camera can capture 720p HD video recording. *Sony’s xLOUD™ enhances audio output, while the latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3) provides access to over 250,000 applications on the Android Market™.
Nikolaus Scheurer, Head of Product Marketing, Sony Ericsson said: “Consumers want smartphones to deliver a rich and social entertainment experience. Rather than a one dimensional music experience, they want instant and seamless access to new content, combined with the ability to share and connect with their friends. The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™ provides exactly this, in a powerful package with great style.”
A perfect combination of social networking and music entertainment:
- Deep Facebook™ integration: Allows users to instantly access Facebook through the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar.
- Media Discovery Application: A dynamic application placing the world of music and videos at consumer’s fingertips including Facebook™ recommendations from their friends.
- Infinite button: Tapping it within the media player enables consumers to have instant access to new content about their favourite artist, such as music videos, artist information and lyrics search.
- Qriocity music and video content services from Sony: Consumers can access millions of songs from all major labels and watch thousands of movies from all major studios. Only Sony Ericsson Android smartphones provide consumers with unique access to the entertainment services from *Sony.
- *Sony’s xLOUD™ technology: Enhances audio output of the inbuilt speakers at high levels.
- TrackID™: Identifies the music track you are listening to within the FM radio and music player. The track can then instantly be shared or downloaded.
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™ will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.
For full details all products news, please visit the press room and the product blog:
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™ at a glance.
*Please note that all services mentioned may not be available in every market.
- Size: 56.5 x 106 x 14.2 mm
- Weight: 115 g
- 5 megapixel camera
- 8x digital zoom
- Auto focus
- Face detection
- Flash/Photo light
- Flash/Photo flash
- Front-facing camera (VGA)
- Geo tagging
- HD video recording (720p)
- Image stabiliser
- Red-eye reduction
- Scene detection
- Send to web
- Smile detection
- Touch capture
- Touch focus
- Video light
- Video recording
- Album art
- Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
- Music tones (MP3/AAC)
- PlayNow™ service
- Stereo speakers
- TrackID™ music recognition
- Walkman™ player
- Android Market™
- Google™ search
- Google Voice™ Search
- NeoReader™ barcode scanner
- Pan & zoom
- Web browser (WebKit)
- Call list
- Conference calls
- Facebook™ application
- Google Talk™
- Polyphonic ringtones
- Sony Ericsson Timescape™
- Twitter™ (Timescape™ integration)
- Vibrating alert
- Video chat ready
- Google Mail™
- Handwriting recognition
- Instant messaging
- Multimedia messaging (MMS)
- Predictive text input
- Sound recorder
- Text messaging (SMS)
- Type & Send widget
- Auto rotation
- Four-corner Home screen
- Keyboard (on-screen, 12-key)
- Keyboard (on-screen, QWERTY)
- Live wallpaper
- Picture wallpaper
- Touch screen
- 3D games
- Media browser
- Radio (FM radio with RDS)
- Video streaming
- Video viewing
- Alarm clock
- Document readers
- Flight mode
- Google Calendar™
- Google Gallery 3D™
- Infinite button
- Setup guide
- Widget manager
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Bluetooth™ technology
- DLNA Certified™
- Google Latitude™
- Google Maps™ for Mobile
- Google Maps™ with Street View
- Media Transfer Protocol support
- Micro USB support
- Native USB tethering
- Synchronisation via Facebook™
- Synchronisation via Google™ Sync
- Synchronisation via Sony Ericsson Sync
- Synchronisation with computer
- Synchronisation via Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®
- Synchronisation: Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® via Moxier client
- USB mass storage
- USB High speed 2.0 support
- USB support
- Wi-Fi™ Hotspot functionality
- Wisepilot™ turn-by-turn navigation
- 3.2 inches
- 16,777,216 colour TFT
- 480 x 320 pixels
- Capacitive touchscreen (multi-touch)
- Phone memory (user-free): Up to 320MB
- Memory card support: microSD™, up to 32GB
- Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 14 hrs 15 min*
- Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 600 hrs*
- Talk time UMTS: Up to 6 hrs 42 min*
- Standby time UMTS: Up to 850 hrs*
- Music listening time: Up to 17 hrs 30 min
- Video listening time: Up to 6 hrs 30 min
- *According to GSM Association Battery Life Measurement Technique. Battery performance may vary depending on network conditions and configurations, and phone usage.
- UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I)
- GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I)
- GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
In the kit
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™
- 1200 mAh battery
- stereo headset
- 2GB microSD™ memory card
- micro USB cable for charging
- synchronisation and file transfer
- user documentation
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network
preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2011
The Liquid Identity logo is trademark or registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman and Zappin are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, SE-221 88 Lund, Sweden.
Printed in January 2010, R1A
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson celebrates its 10th year as a joint venture between Sony Corporation and Ericsson in October, 2011. Over the years Sony Ericsson has brought together the best communication technologies with superior entertainment user experiences to create its Xperia™ line of the ‘most entertaining smartphones’ in the mobile handset industry. With its global corporate functions in London, Sony Ericsson has sales and marketing operations in all major regions of the world, as well as manufacturing in China, and product development sites in China, Japan, Sweden and Silicon Valley, California.